Registration Pricing & Dates
The 12th Annual Nutrition Conference will be in Phoenix Arizona, May 4-6, 2015.
|Late Registration April 15 to May 5, 2015||Price|
|Nurses & other professionals||$1,056.25|
|AzCIM Fellows/alumni Physicians||$995.00|
|AzCIM Fellows/alumni NP-PA||$845.00|
Cancellation and Refund Policy
Cancellations received in writing on or before April 20, 2015, will be refunded less a 15% administrative fee. No refunds will be made after that date. Substitute participants will be accepted.
Founder Dr. Andrew Weil and conference faculty including Dr. Tieraona Low Dog, Dr. Robert L. Lustig, and Dr. Wendy Kohatsu talk about the benefits of attending the Nutrition & Health Conference and the growing need for nutrition education among health care professionals.
Save the Date
13th Annual Nutrition & Health Conference
March 21 - 23, 2016
Hyatt Regency Denver
Why you should attend
Your patients increasingly call on your advice for diet and nutrition to promote good health and treat specific conditions. Proper diet is a fundamental building block to good health, yet many practitioners lack the basic expertise in nutrition to recommend dietary strategies to their patients.
To meet this growing need, this course will provide you with essential information on:
- Practical strategies for incorporating nutrition into your clinical practice
- Using diet to prevent illness
- Nutritional recommendations for management of specific conditions
- Tools to evaluate the latest nutrition research findings
- Social and political aspects of diet and health
The conference provides an overview and practical summary of the latest information on nutrition and health presented by leaders in scientific research, clinicians skilled in nutritional medicine, experts on food and agricultural policy, and innovative chefs.
What you will learn
Upon conclusion of this course, you will be able to:
- Incorporate nutritional information into clinical practice and advise patients about eating for optimum health as well as using dietary change as a therapeutic intervention
- Evaluate the benefits and risks of nutritional recommendations for specific health conditions through an analysis of the existing scientific and clinical evidence
- Identify the health value of specific nutrients and protective phytochemicals and evaluate dietary supplements
- Recognize the emerging science on the impact of the microbiome on health and disease
- Describe current research on nutrition and cardiovascular health
- Analyze the social, political, and behavioral aspects of diet and health, the impact on obesity and diabetes, and implications for patient care